30 Mar 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Spanish Edition - Day 17 - Police cheers

Well this was new! I'd heard from friends and colleagues about the Police going around to some neighborhoods to cheer on the people for staying home, but hadn't happened around here yet! But last night I heard music out the back windows, went to check... and a couple of police cars were playing a birthday song for someone in the building behind mine! 🥳


After that they drove down the street playing the national anthem and saying "muchas gracias". 😊



In cities around the country the police and fire trucks have also been driving by the entrance to hospitals, sirens a blazing, to cheer on the health care staff. This video is from the main hospital here in Alicante! A friend of mine sent it to our Skype group (she has relatives working there who forwarded it to her), and I guess at some point someone uploaded it to YouTube (saving me the upload trouble)



#stayhome #quedateencasa #yomequedoencasa #restecheztoi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)