15 Mar 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Spanish Edition - Day 2

2nd day, first full day "locked in". 

I've lost count of the number of times I had to plug my phone in to recharge!!! WhatsApp is on fire. Memes and messages being passed around back and forth. The really good ones you end up seeing half a dozen times in various groups. People commenting that they're already starting to have cabin fever. Parents wondering how they're going to survive 2 weeks (ha! good luck, will definitely be longer) locked in with their kids. Parents sharing tips on just how to do that... Websites with educational or cultural resources. Ideas for games indoors at home (most Spaniards live in apartments, and we're all extremely jealous right now of anyone who has a garden, Or a dog. My kingdom for a dog!!!).

For me? Well I decided to just pretend that it was a "lazy day Sunday" and do NOTHING. I mean really. Zero productivity. One of those Sundays that it feels really good to have once in a blue moon. Get up when I feel like it (11am). Spend the day in PJs. Have a big breakfast. Eat lunch/dinner when the stomach rumbles. Catch up on a show. On some reading. Watch a movie. Talk with my mom, my sisters. Gossip with friends.


Not face to face of course. Online. Skype group call. But since these were friends in different cities/countries we would have had this meet-up online anyways. Of course the conversation was coronavirus-dominated (friend in France explaining how things were set up for the local elections, the one in Austria about how they were in self-quarantine because a relative had tested positive, in Belgium restaurants and social places are closed, but movements aren't restricted - yet - who was going to be working from home or going to the office on Monday...), but there was also plenty of newborn baby talk and ogling said baby.

I'll face the real world tomorrow. We'll figure out the whole work from home thing. Right now I'm going to continue with my Hobbit marathon. It's time to visit the Desolation of Smaug. 🐉

#stayhome #quedateencasa #yomequedoencasa #restecheztoi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)