Over the Twelve Days of Christmas I'm going to try and do a Christmas-related post a day. We'll see how well I succeed! (and how Christmas related they'll be) They're probably going to be short 'cause I don't have full internet access at the moment, but I intend to fully enjoy the season which in Spain truly ends on 12th Night! ;o)
To start with, two lovely bloggers I follow (Rhonda from Shellbelle's Tiki Hut and Nancy from Life in the Second Half) both posted this fun Christmas meme and I've been saving it up to start off my Christmas blogging!
So here goes my Christmas interview!
(1) What is your favourite Christmas movie/s?
A Miracle on 34th St (the b&w original w/ Maureen O'Hara and Nathalie Wood) and White Christmas (with Bing Crosby)
(2) What is your LEAST favourite Christmas movie/s?
most of the recent ones... they're all pretty bad so I actually can't remember them well enough to pick one! :p
(3) What is your favourite Christmas Song?
Just one? To sing or to hear? Both? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Minuit Chrétiens. White Christmas... my dad and I usually sing Carols together over the holidays and I just love most of them!
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
Any of them in "elevator music" or "on hold" versions.
(5) What is your favourite Christmas drink?
Gluhwein!!! I'm sad I couldn't make it to one of the German Christmas markets this year... the stuff they sell in Belgium isn't nearly as good! I enjoyed my last glass in Valence Sunday morning while walking around town.
(6) What is your favourite Christmas memory?
I think I'll go with Christmas 1994. We lived in Florida. My Grandmother was down from DC to spend it (her last) with us. My Uncle and Aunt were up from the Keys with 3 month-old baby Jake. And two of our best friends from Mexico were spending Christmas with us (two girls my Dad used to call his adopted daughters). Full house, lots of fun!
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
Oh my... these are some Salomonic questions! I think I’d have to say my flute. And now that I think about it I wish I hadn’t stopped playing in college… 6 years of lessons just gone? I have to start again!
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
I’ll be generous and say I’ve forgotten! ;o)
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
Feeling happy, surrounded by loved ones, all in a joyful good mood.
(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
That they're so short! :p
(11) Do you prefer a star or an angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
An angel! We have several lovely papier-maché ones from Mexico reigning atop our tree. :o)
(12) What is your family favourite recipe at Christmas?
My dad's stuffed turkey and candied yams. Miam!
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
Huh? Well I know I'm not a Grinch so I guess I'm a Who! :p
(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
Love 'em! But I do think some people go a bit overboard at times...
(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
haven't seen any of those in years, so no opinion!
(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
I used to, but for several years now I've been to disorganised/busy and this year is the same... :o(
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
Having all my family together and seeing their faces light up when I've figured out the perfect present. :o)
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
The pushing of crazy commercial consumerism.
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
We used to put it up the 2nd weekend of December, now we do it at the latest the weekend before Christmas. We take it down right after Three King's Day on January 6th.
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?
Seven Swans a Swimming. As long as I can get the lake to keep them in as well!
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
(22) Who is your favourite reindeer?
Dancer! With a name like that he must be a twinkle-toes!
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
But of course! AND the Three Kings! My stocking gets stuffed every Dec 25th and there's something in my shoe every January 6th. ;o)
(24) What is your favourite smell at Christmastime?
the Christmas Tree.
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
For the whole family to be together. But with one sister in New Zealand and the other spending Xmas with her boyfriend's family in London... sigh! At least we've got aunts and cousins coming over this year!