2 May 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Spanish Edition - Day 50 - A taste of freedom!

50 days locked in. 50 days at home, only going out to take the trash to the bin up the street, or to do the grocery shopping (usually both the same day).

Today we were finally allowed OUT! 🥳

(Well ok, families with kids have been out for a week. But that's them.)

This limited schedule definitely sucks, am still bloody annoyed by it. Couldn't for the life of me wake up early (bad night's sleep didn't help, consequence of yesterday's ruminations). So by the time I hit the street at 9h20 I only had 40' available. Was just enough to walk the kilometer in a straight line to the coast and walk the coastal path for a short distance, before coming back home (at a speedy pace and even so arriving 10' past my time). 









Not much, but was wonderful!!! Next time I have to sneakily find a spot to put my feet in the water... 😉

I was worried about this part of town being off-limits, since the beaches are closed to avoid a rush of people going to the beach on the first day out. But I guess the rocky cape and coves aren't included in the city's beaches, and not being allowed to use the car or public transport during your daily exercise outing means that no rush of people from the other parts of town. Yay for us! There were quite a few people out. Some running, mountain biking, walking... Everyone looking happy in the sun. By the sea.

Maybe next weekend I'll get up early enough to walk the whole Cape (my usual route for that takes about 2h), or walk from the Cape along the coast downtown. Or maybe I'll do part of it one of these evenings... But for now I'm just happy I got to properly stretch my legs, see some of the Spring flowers before they disappear, hear the waves. 🥰

#stayhome, #quedateencasa, #restecheztoi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)