28 Jul 2014

Pond scum as a guide to evolution?

Guess what folks?! I'm slooowly (but surely!) dipping my toes back into the blogging world! There's this thing called "free time" that has suddenly reappeared on my schedule, albeit admittedly in small doses. Still, it's better than nothing, right?

Today's return is to point you to a very interesting article published in the "Santa Fe New Mexican" (local newspaper I'm guessing). Some weird guy (who I have absolutely no connection to, nope, never heard of him, just some random dude... well, he might be about to marry my sister in 5 1/2 weeks...), as I was saying this crazy guy (must be crazy to marry into this family!) has spent approximately the past decade microbial organisms (single-celled algae etc.) and thus obviously knows quite a bit on the topic!

I'm rambling... must be all that time without blogging. Dunno how to write anymore! :p

Anyhow, VERY interesting and quirky article:

Science in a Complex World: Pond scum offers clues to life’s puzzles

See you around! ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Your sister is getting married? Which one? Glad to see you back. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Gabby, the other crazy redhead in the family, who used to live in New Zealand and now lives in New Mexico and next will live in who knows! :p The wedding will be here in September and we're all psyched! :o)

      Delete
  2. So, when you say "slowly dipping your toes" are you like talking once a month? I love reading your blog!

    Anyway, I'm setting up the Fall schedule at CacheCrazy.Com and I want to syndicate some of your adventures again like we did last year, you game?

    Write when your heart tells you to and share other peoples excellent work in the meantime. It keeps your readers engaged and it's fun. That's what I do and we've been posting nearly every day. Once you get the scheduling thing down you sit back and enjoy reading YOUR OWN blog. Now that's blogging baby!

    All the best to you my friend!
    BH

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)