8 May 2013

World Ocean's Day is only a month away!


OMG! How did I let so much time pass before reminding you guys about World Oceans Day?! In my mind I was going to do this monthly reminder with photos and videos starting in January... but I've been so busy I never got around to it! :o(

So listen up people (for those who don't already know):

JUNE 8th IS WORLD OCEANS DAY!!!

Yup, it's an official (UN-declared) day dedicated to our Seas and Oceans! Considering our planet is 80% covered by water it seems fitting the Oceans should get at least one day a year for themselves!



Even though I'm über-busy at the moment, I'm still planning on hosting the annual Oceanic Blog-A-Thon for World Oceans Day this year. It's our FIFTH year!!! Yay!!!

What's a blog-a-thon? Well it's basically a blogging marathon. All the participants write an ocean-related post on their blog and send me the link and I write up little introductions for each one and link to them in the official Oceanic Blog-A-Thon post here. The posts can be about anything remotely aquatic! Previous entries have ranged from the scientific and environmental (describing marine ecosystems, introducing people to funky marine animals etc.), to the literary and artistic (sharing poems and gorgeous photos), to the deeply personal (remembering a personal connection to the ocean or sharing a holiday tale). Need ideas? Check out what people wrote in the 2012 - 2011 - 2010 and 2009 editions!

I'm going to need help getting the word out... care to share the message with your readers? Here's the basic info:

What? 5th ANNUAL OCEANIC BLOG-A-THON
Why? It's WORLD OCEANS DAY!!!
When? Weekend of JUNE 7-8-9


Trip down memory lane... here's the link to the first post I wrote on World Oceans Day back in 2009. I loved the idea of WOD! :o)


And it's not just the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon! People should be on the look out for World Oceans Day events taking place near them in which they can participate! (I'll go in and register the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon asap) And think about "Wearing Blue and Telling Two"! ;o)

So, shall I sea you here next month? I hope so!!! :o)

June Update: detailed instructions to participate in the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon are HERE!

6 comments:

  1. I'm in! I live by the sea, so this holds real meaning for me.

    Do you want us to post the blogs on your site or email you a link?

    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On your site!!! I'm just coordinating by sending people (other participants etc.) your way by writing an introduction to each person's entry and then linking to it on the original site. So you just need to send me the link any time between June 7-9!

      Fabulous! I'm so glad you're in!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm ready with an awesome post!
    What is the best way to send you the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole month early?! WOW!!! You can either copy the link in a comment here on the blog (either this post or a later one I'll be writing as a reminder and with more precise instructions) or by e-mail.
      Just make sure to mention in the post that you're participating in the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon and link back to it!

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, it's not a post I wrote, it's a post from this great friend of mine who is a total adventurist and spend a great deal of her time scuba diving, volunteering in many marine friendly efforts and is an all around great gal. I have her full permission, is it still ok for me to enter it in the Blog-A-Thon?

      Delete
    3. Most definitely! Sounds like something that's going to be really interesting! :o)

      Delete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)