15 Oct 2010

Blog Action Day 2010: Water!

I just learnt about this... apparently there's a Blog Action Day (every year on Oct 15th) where the purpose is to unite bloggers around the world by posting on the same topic in the hopes of sparking discussion and action.



Blog Action Day 2010: Water from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.

Unfortuately it's too late for me to participate significantly in this, which is a pity because this topic is right up my alley! I've often wondered why our blue planet is called Earth instead of Ocean, but that might just be the oceanographer inside of me popping her scientific ideas into my head... Sadly it's almost midnight and my brain is turning to zombie mush (has been a long hard week, finally noticing the season  changing due to waking up in the dark several days in a row and a significant decrease in temperatures,;have yet to get used to it) and I don't have the energy to put in the effort to produce something worthwhile.

But I did want to mention it here in case some of you do have time to participate in this (here are some ideas), and in any case so you can check out the website I linked to above and go read what people around the world are writing on the subject!


I could also remind you about our annual Oceanic Blog-A-Thon (click here for 2009, and here for 2010 editions) which is after all about water, from a certain point of view! ;o)

 

Finally, for those of you living in "developed" countries, take a few moments to appreciate the simple miracle of opening your water faucet, filling a glass of the transparent liquid, and being able to drink it without worrying about possible health problems. And then ditch the bottled water 'cause you don't really need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)