23 Apr 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Spanish Edition - Day 41 - Happy International Book Day!

During this time of quarantine when we'd all like to escape from this insanity I'd just like to say...

YAY FOR BOOKS!!! 🥳

They'll take us on a trip to Mars, to Middle Earth or to Medieval days... among thousands of other places!

So far we're at almost 6 weeks of quarantine, and I'm at 8 books to date (well 7,5 considering I was halfway through one of them when we got locked down). I've switched showers for baths on many an evening, and it gives me a leisurely hour to escape to a watery library and lose myself in a book until the water begins to feel chilly. 😉 7 of the books are by Sharon Kay Penman because whenever I pick up one of her books it inevitably leads me down the path to others of hers, so my TBR pile is feeling a bit neglected... The reading has even interfered with my quarantine movie project as I find myself divided in the evening between stretching out on the sofa with a movie or a going for a nice long soak in the tub with a good book!

For International Book Day this year I think we should all just



#stayhome #quedateencasa #restecheztoi

2 comments:

  1. I've never read a book in the bath. I honestly think I would get it wet. I'm often clumsy. First time here so I checked the who and where. Wow the where is about everywhere.
    The closest I've come to scuba is snorkeling which I've really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit to a slight trepidation whenever I'm in the tub and reach for the book, especially if it's the Kindle! ;) But am very careful, have never had an issue, it's a very controlled environment. I enjoy so much reading while in the water that it really bums me out that I can't do it while floating in the pool or the ocean!

      Snorkeling is great! Especially in warm, translucid tropical waters. Here where it's a bit cooler and there are few interesting fish in surface waters, scuba is my favored option because it allows me to spend a whole hour underwater hanging out with the fish. I love it!!!

      Thanks for the visit! Yeah, I'm pretty much all over the place when it comes to topics and places (one of the reasons I set up a separate blog for travel). Comes with the international background and highly eclectic tastes!

      Delete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)