12 Apr 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Spanish Edition - Day 30 - Happy Quarantine Easter!

Well this will definitely be an Easter to remember... Instead of joyful family get-togethers, Easter Mass for the Faithful, joyful Easter Sunday Processions (here in Spain), we get... who knows?! I imagine everyone is doing something different... What I saw among my own friends and family in social media was quite diverse! One friend was "attending" Mass in the Vatican on TV. Others had prepared traditional Easter meals and decorations. Some of my cousins in the US and my sister in Sweden prepared Easter baskets for the kids and hid the eggs in the garden or the house (was raining in Sweden). I saw friends in New Zealand and the U.S. paint printed pictures of Easter eggs with their kids to put up in windows... In my case the only "Easter" thing I did was have "torrijas" for breakfast (French toast with thick bread, and sugar & cinnamon instead of syrup), something typical here in Spain during Holy Week and Easter, and then watch a concert in the evening. It was a grey day here, not very cheerful. But perfect for huddling under the blanket on the sofa with a book and a movie. 😎

(disclaimer: these were from a frozen food company, not from scratch! 😜)

One recurring theme though, were the "Quarantine Resurrection" memes! I received the following three in different WhatsApp groups (Spanish, French and Italian):

"Don't even think about it!"

"Do you have your exit certificate?"

"I can't go out on Sunday!"


How was your Easter? In case you missed out, check out Andrea Bocelli's brief concert from the Duomo of Milan. Just him and an organ, transmitted live in the evening on YouTube. Was beautiful! He closed it with (I think a pre-recorded number as we didn't see him walk out) Amazing Grace on the steps of the Cathedral, Goosebumps!


#stayhome #quedateencasa #yomequedoencasa #restecheztoi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)