22 Apr 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Spanish Edition - Day 40 - Alicante fauna

Happy 50th Earth Day! 🥳

I imagine everyone has seen the photos and memes about "Nature is healing" during the quarantine?Dolphins in the canals in Venice, animals roaming city streets... Well this is the Alicante edition! (well, my neighborhood edition, as this is what I've seen at my place and my mom's when I've taken her groceries)

We've got wood pigeons hanging out on the ground instead of in the treetops


Squirrels sauntering along the street (missed the photo-op, he scurried up a palm tree when I got close).


Seagulls and ducks enjoying a freshwater bath in swimming pools.


Not exactly "wildlife", but we do what we can. 😉 I'm sure if I could go walking in the park on the Cape I would see hedgehogs... How about in your neck of the woods? 

By the way, quarantine = 40 days, right? Can we go out now??? 😓

#stayhome #quedateencasa #restecheztoi

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're hanging in there Cris! We haven't as severe a lockdown as you, we can still go out walking or driving so long as we stay away from people. We sometimes in the quiet season, get mountain lions straying down here to my neighbourhood, so I have been expecting some of that while it's quieter out. Haven't seen any, but then I haven't been anywhere! I see Spain's one of the worst hit countries (2nd after the USA) so stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Veg! Yeah, most places don't have as sever a lockdown as us! Makes us wonder why we're so special... the running theory is Spaniards are too much about finding a way to bend the rules, so if the rules were any less strict they'd be ineffectual. We'll see how it goes once they start letting the kids out an hour a day to play.

      Mountain lions?! Both awesome and scary!!! Best to keep away... Take care!

      Delete

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)