3 May 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Spanish Edition - Day 51 - Celebrating apart

I think I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I don't know how we'd be getting through this lockdown without video conferences!!! Especially when there's something to celebrate.

Today is Mothers' Day here in Spain, and my mom is all alone at her place! Due to the quarantine rules she can't come here and I can't go there (other than to take her groceries, but since today is Sunday and shops are closed - if I get stopped by the police on my way over to her house it's a 600€ fine!). And my sisters are in Sweden and the UK!

So what to do? Video call!!! Yay for multi-person video calls!!! 🥳 We had a fun little hour chatting on WhatsApp, with added participation of my 4 year old niece (who requested her mom read her a story 10' into the call, and then kept asking us all to get in rocking chairs - which involved us just swaying our phones back and forth). It's not the same as an in-person hug and a meal in a nice restaurant (typical plans for other years), but it was great!!!

And my mom did get her hug yesterday when I took her groceries over. And flowers had been delivered. 😉


Not the only celebration this weekend though! Friday was a friend's birthday, and we had a 4-way call yesterday afternoon to catch up (hadn't done that since the beginning of lockdown), and of course to sing and raise a glass! 😎



Good times can be had during a lockdown. 

#stayhome, #quedateencasa, #restecheztoi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)