23 May 2020

Corona-Lockdown Spanish Edition - D73 - Heartbreak & Nostalgia

The past few days have been really hard. Not because of the lockdown (although that hasn't helped), but because Friday would have been my Dad's birthday (were it not for that bloody Glioblastoma multiforme). A date that wouldn't have passed unremarked, even if Facebook hadn't provided me with photo memories of the past 10 years worth of crazy birthday celebrations...



The whole week leading up to this has been hard, I don't think I went to bed a single night with dry eyes (which continued some mornings as well). Overflowed to the weekend... and we'll see how the next few days go considering the 28th would be my parents' 48th wedding anniversary.

I know it would have helped my mom if we could have gone to the cemetery to take flowers... but he's buried in her hometown 45' north of us, and because of the lockdown it's only open a couple of hours in the mornings, when I have to work. And they've limited the number of people who can be in there at a time, meaning we could drive up all the way up there on a weekend day and not be allowed in. So we have to wait for the next phase of the "desconfinamiento" and hope they increase the access...

One thing that did soothe my soul this evening at least, I decided to take some flowers to my dad's beach on the Cape (2 blocks from their apartment), and spent a long while sitting on the rocks, looking out at sea, listening to Yo Yo Ma give a live concert of Bach's cello concerto's on YouTube...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Yes you! The quiet one in the back... I'd love it if you hung out for a bit and shared your thoughts!

I might stop by your place with an answer, but I'm more likely to reply right here so click on "email follow up comments" if you'd like to see what I and others have to say and come continue the conversation! ;o)